Add a twist to the delicious taste of Liqui-Fruit’s Cranberry Cooler with this easy-to-make Virgin Cranberry Cosmo. Served chilled or over ice, this cocktail is the ideal ‘ice-breaker’ when entertaining friends or to enjoy while lounging next to the pool
- 250ml (1 cup) Liqui-Fruit cranberry cooler
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Liqui-Fruit orange juice
- 10ml fresh lemon juice
- 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer
- Ice cubes
- Lemon wedges (for garnish)
- In a shaker, mix juices and ginger beer.
- Add ice.
- Pour in 4 martini glasses, then garnish with lemon wedges if desired.
This recipe makes 4 cocktails
Need some more summer inspiration? Follow these cocktail serving tips from Liqui-Fruit:
- Place your glasses in the fridge overnight until serving your cocktails.
- To frost the rims simply dip the glass upside down in a preferred liquid or circle with a lemon or lime wedge. Then dip the glass into a plate filled with a granulated substance, such as castor sugar, that will pair well with your drink.
- To crush ice fill a blender with ice cubes or cover an ice bag with a towel and slam it with a heavy metal or wooden utensil such as a rolling pin.
Neat: This term, also known as ‘straight’, is used to describe a drink that has no ice or added mixers that would dilute the original and strong taste of the main alcohol ingredient.
Poussé-café: A beverage with a mix of different alcohol, each visible in their own layer.
Proof: This term is used to indicate the percentage of alcohol in a drink, for example 100-proof equals 50% alcohol by volume.
Strain: When a utensil or spoon strainer is used to serve a drink without the ice and fruit that it has been made with.
Source: Liqui Fruit liquifruit.co.za