- 1l cream
- 300ml milk
- 400g granulated sugar
- Zest and juice of 2 naartjies
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 8 leaves gelatine
For the Rice Krispies and White Chocolate Rocks:
- 200g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 125g Rice Krispies
- 50g desiccated coconut
1. Place the cream, milk, sugar and the juice and zests of the naartjies and lemons (reserve some of the naartjie zest for garnishing) in a large saucepan over medium heat and stir until well combined.
2. Soften the gelatine leaves in cold water, then mix into the milk and cream and whisk gently until the gelatine has melted. Use individual glasses of your choice and pour in the mixture until it reaches just above halfway.
3. Refrigerate for 2 hours until set.
4. For the rocks, melt the chocolate in a saucepan over low heat (or in a bowl in the microwave).
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the Rice Krispies and coconut.
6. Spoon the mixture into small rock shapes, sprinkle with naartjie zest and leave to cool.
7. To serve, garnish the panna cottas with flower petals and top each one with a chocolate rock.
(This recipe makes 12 medium-sized glasses)