Pattern and colour are big this season and decorative tiles are an excellent way to introduce these elements to your home. Here are some exciting ways to use them.
Related to decorative tiles: A deck makeover with a Moroccan feel
1. As kitchens have a lot of plain surfaces like walls and cabinetry, give them interest and personality with a patterned floor. For this kitchen, designer Louise Ellis of Loft I Love chose Spanish-style tiles from Union Tiles to complement the brick and timber finishes.
2. If you don’t want to use tiles throughout the bathroom, just use them in the shower to brighten up what is often a dull area. Bathroom design by Michelle Murray of Interiors Etc.
You also might: How to create a striking colour scheme
3. Lift built-in concrete seating out of the ordinary by cladding it with small decorative tiles like these ones from Moroccan Warehouse laid in interesting patterns. Outdoor seating has never looked this pretty.
4. To highlight this island, patterned tiles were used as a border giving the impression that it was placed on a rug.
More like decorative tiles: 5 Flooring trends we love
5. Turn a woodburning stove into a focal point by cladding the wall behind with tiles that enhance the decor. Design by Natalie Bulwer Interiors.
6. What would a coastal house be without an outdoor shower? The Bissetts turned theirs into an alfresco style statement with a wall of black and white tiles from Union Tiles.
7. Interior decorator Cindy Gravante transformed her dated kitchen by painting the cabinets white and tiling the splashback with blue and white tiles from CTM.
8. As you don’t spend much time in a powder room, this is one place you can go bold. This one got the wow treatment with dramatic wall tiles from Quadrata and a striking black vanity.
Cindy Gravante cindygravanteinteriors.wordpress.com CTM ctm.co.za Interiors Etc interiorsetc.co.za Loft i Love loftilove.co.za Moroccan Warehouse 021 461 8318 Natalie Bulwer Interiors nataliebulwer.co.za Quadrata quadrata.co.zaUnion Tiles uniontiles.co.za