Digital ed Carina Claassens shares her favourite pieces for furnishing a comfortable, yet stylish living area
I’ve recently been on the lookout for pretty pieces to furnish my new apartment. I love a neutral look, but at the same time I like colour and adding a playful feel to my decor scheme.
There are so many beautiful pieces to choose from that I’ve decided to start listing my favourites.
I started by choosing my main pieces (a couch and coffee table). After this I pulled everything together through accessories. A comfy throw and a few colourful scatter cushions should do the job just fine. To complete the room I’ll add a statement pendant light, a cool chair and, of course, a pot plant. While looking for my pieces I came across many other lovely finds and thought it only fair to share them with you.
Remember, if products you love are, like in my case, out of your budget, many stores sell similar, cheaper products. Mr Price Home is great for this as they’re always on top of trends and sell standard items at really reasonable prices.
1. Rimini fully upholstered couch in Cardrona Mineral, R7 495, Coricraft.
2. Brooklyn black pendant, R399,95, The Lighting Warehouse.
3. Small Boskke Sky Planter, R375, Smacs.
4. Normann Copenhagen One Step Up book case, R6 999, Entrepo.
5. Country Road Alma throw, R699, Woolworths.
6. Country Road scatter, R129, Woolworths.
7. Stern coffee table, R2 000, Mr Price Home.
8. Iron chair, R3 735, Pezula Interiors.
9. Cotton geometric rug, R399,99, Mr Price Home.