An easy-to-prepare brunch is the ideal way to spend a leisurely Sunday morning
- 2 apples
- 15ml lemon juice
- 5 dried Turkish apricots, chopped
- 25g dried cranberries
- 25g sultanas and/or raisins
- 6 dried figs, chopped
- 80ml apple juice
- 90g rolled oats
- 200g thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 30g shelled pistachio nuts, chopped
- 30g walnuts, chopped
- 20g flaked almonds, toasted
- 10g coconut shavings, toasted
- 80ml cream, whipped
- 2ml ground cinnamon
- 1ml ground nutmeg
TO SERVE (OPTIONAL):
- fresh berries or a few dried fruits
- like Turkish apricots, cranberries,
- sultanas and figs
- Core and coarsely chop the apples. Place them in a mixing bowl and stir in the lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Add the apricots, cranberries, sultanas or raisins and figs and cover with the apple juice. Mix well. Add the rolled oats and yoghurt and combine. Cover and chill for at least an hour or overnight.
- Before serving, stir in the nuts and coconut. Fold in the whipped cream, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Serve with fresh berries or a few additional dried fruits. Drizzle with honey, if desired.