Get baking with these delicious recipes from Tru-Cape
- 30g diced almonds
- 50g muscovado sugar
- 125g cream cheese
- 150g salted butter
- 150g self-raising flour, sifted
- 100g flaked almonds
- 15ml icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon – grated zest and juice
- 3 pears
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Cover the pear slices in the lemon juice.
- Mix together the flour, almonds, lemon zest and muscovado sugar. Rub in the butter and press together to form a dough.
- Lightly grease a loose bottomed cake tin, press the dough in and prick with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Arrange the pear slices on top of the pastry base.
- Beat the cream cheese and egg together. Pour it over the pears, sprinkle over the almonds and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then sift over the icing sugar.