- 2 eggs
- 125g castor sugar
- 250g flour
- Pinch of salt
- 7ml baking powder
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 3ml ground cinnamon
- 3ml ground ginger
- 100g roasted pecan nuts, chopped
- 50g Safari fruit mince
- Preheat oven to 180°. Place eggs and sugar into a large bowl and beat using an electric beater until mixture is light, fluffy and cream in colour.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder and fold into the egg mixture. Stir in orange zest, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, pecan nuts and fruit mince.
- Form dough in 2 long sausages and place onto a greased baking tray.
- Bake in oven at 180°C for 20 minutes or until risen and lightly golden brown. Remove from oven, slice diagonally and place spaciously onto baking tray.
- Return to oven and bake at 150°C for another 20-30 minutes or until golden and crisp.