Try this delicious breakfast and capture the true taste of Mexico
salt, to taste
2 ripe avocados
150g refried beans
200g grilled mushrooms
200g new potatoes, roasted
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
salsa of your choice
Read more: Mexican bean salsa
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and spray two large baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Lightly spray both sides of the tortillas with cooking spray and place them in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets. Lightly season with salt.
3. Bake for 5 minutes, flip over and bake for another 5–10 minutes, until the tortillas are crispy.
4. To serve, peel and slice the ripe avocados. Place spoonfuls of the refried beans onto the tostadas, and top with the remaining ingredients.
5. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with salsa.
Visit avocado.co.za for more recipes