Bernice Morrell, owner of Morrells Boutique Wedding and Conference Venue (morrells.co.za), is famous for making her client’s celebrations a memorable experience. Here’s her menu for a light summer lunch
- 1 packet mixed fresh salad or micro greens
- 100g summer Globe green grapes, halved
- 100g baby beetroot, cooked and sliced
- 100g home-made croutons, toasted
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 20g alfalfa sprouts or micro greens, pansies or violas and fresh Parmesan cheese shavings, to garnish
For the mustard vinaigrette:
- 2 egg yolks
- 30ml wholegrain Dijon mustard
- 15ml honey
- 15ml sherry vinegar
- 150ml light olive oil
- chives and dill, chopped
1. Mix all the salad ingredients and arrange on serving plates.
2. To make the dressing: combine all the vinaigrette ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
3. To assemble the dish: drizzle the mustard vinaigrette over each salad. Serve garnished with pansies or violas and top with alfalfa sprouts or micro greens and shavings of Parmesan cheese.
This recipe serves 4 – 6.
RECIPE: BERNICE MORRELL