Last updated on 24 October 2016
These fabulous recipes from Shelley Higgs who started The Midlands Gourmet Food Company with her husband Dave are easy to make and the perfect accompaniments to a dinner party
For the pasta:
- 250g cake flour
- 3ml salt
- 1 jumbo egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 120g spinach purée
For the spinach purée:
- 1kg bunch spinach, stalks removed
- To make the spinach purée: slice the spinach and rinse well. Boil in a little salted water until tender.
- Drain, leave to cool enough to handle then wring out in a clean tea towel until dry.
- Chop very finely or process.
- To make the pasta: place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend.
- Tip onto a work top and knead by hand until smooth and elastic, approximately 2–3 minutes.
- You may need to incorporate a little more flour. The dough shouldn’t be sticky.
- Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Use according to the instructions for your pasta machine.
This recipe serves 6 people