These fabulous recipes from Shelley Higgs who started The Midlands Gourmet Food Company with her husband Dave are easy to make and the perfect accompaniments to a dinner party
For the pasta:
- 250g cake flour
- 3ml salt
- 1 jumbo egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 120g spinach purée
For the spinach purée:
- 1kg bunch spinach, stalks removed
- To make the spinach purée: slice the spinach and rinse well. Boil in a little salted water until tender.
- Drain, leave to cool enough to handle then wring out in a clean tea towel until dry.
- Chop very finely or process.
- To make the pasta: place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend.
- Tip onto a work top and knead by hand until smooth and elastic, approximately 2–3 minutes.
- You may need to incorporate a little more flour. The dough shouldn’t be sticky.
- Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Use according to the instructions for your pasta machine.
This recipe serves 6 people