- 60ml red or white miso paste
- 60ml soft brown sugar
- 30ml soy sauce
- 30ml oil
- 10ml sesame oil
- 30ml lime juice and zest
- 8 brown mushrooms, trimmed
- 50g micro greens and fresh coriander
- 15ml pink pickled ginger
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 50g bean sprouts (optional)
- 1 red chilli, sliced (optional)
- 5ml sesame oil
- Place the miso paste, sugar, soy sauce, oil, sesame oil, lime juice and zest into a non-metallic bowl and whisk to combine.
- Slice the mushrooms into ½ cm slices and add to the miso mixture. Toss to coat, cover and transfer to the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and line a baking sheet with foil. Remove the mushrooms from the marinade and place, in a single layer on the baking sheet. Cook for 10–15 minutes, basting with the remaining marinade during cooking. Once the mushrooms are tender allow them to rest for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the mushroom slices on serving plates.
- Toss the remaining ingredients together and scatter over the mushrooms before serving.
Pick ‘n Pay picknpay.co.za