“When it comes to Asian ingredients, I enjoy the spiciness, freshness and of course the endless combinations,” says Julian Cohen, group food and beverage manager for Thai Africa Restaurants (011 789 1972). Here’s his menu for an exotic oriental feast
- 30ml sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 20ml fresh ginger, grated
- 800g fresh mixed vegetables cut into small pieces e.g. green beans, baby corn, mixed peppers, leeks,
- butternut (julienned), tender stem broccoli, sugar snap peas
- 30ml soy sauce
- 10ml sesame seeds
1. Heat the oil in a wok. Add the garlic, ginger and vegetables and stir-fry until the vegetables are cooked but still retain some crunch.
2. Toss with soy sauce and garnish with sesame seeds.
This recipe serves 8.