From Morocco to Mumbai, give your guests the world on a plate with this exciting fusion menu that’s stress-free to make
- 6–8 nectarines or peaches, halved and stones removed
- 30ml brown sugar
For the chai-spiced syrup:
- 150g white sugar
- 125ml water
- 2-3ml pink food colouring (optional)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 6 cardamom pods, gently crushed
- 5 black peppercorns
- 5 pink peppercorns
- mascarpone, crème fraîche or ice cream
- amaretti biscuits or biscotti (optional)
1. To roast the fruit: preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the nectarines or peaches, cut side facing up in a roasting dish and sprinkle the sugar over the top. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
2. To make the chai-spiced syrup: place all the ingredients into a pan and gently bring to the boil. Once the sugar has dissolved, boil the mixture for 5 minutes.
3. Pour the syrup over the fruit and allow to cool and for the flavours to infuse.
4. Serve the fruit and syrup well chilled or at room temperature with either a scoop of mascarpone, crème fraîche or ice cream and amaretti biscuits or biscotti, if desired.
This recipe serves 4 – 6.