From Morocco to Mumbai, give your guests the world on a plate with this exciting fusion menu that’s stress-free to make
- 30ml oil
- 2 racks lamb (6 cutlets per rack), ask your butcher to French-trim them
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30ml harissa paste
- 60ml fresh white breadcrumbs
- 30ml pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 15ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 15ml fresh mint, chopped
- 15ml fine lemon zest
- store-bought tzatziki
- green salad with pomegranate and red onion
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan on the stove. Season the fatty side of the lamb with salt and pepper and place in the hot pan, skin side down. Cook for 3–4 minutes or until the fat is golden brown.
3. Remove from the heat. Transfer the lamb to a roasting dish, skin side facing up. Spread the harissa paste over the skin.
4. Combine the remaining ingredients together and firmly pack over the harissa to cover and form a crust.
5. Roast in the oven for 30–40 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Allow the meat to rest before carving into cutlets and serving with the tzatziki and green salad.
This recipe serves 6.