- 500g ready-bought white bread dough
- 45ml polenta
- flour, for dusting
- 45ml sundried tomato paste or pesto
- 250g crème fraiche
- 5–10ml creamed horseradish, according to taste
- 10ml finely grated lemon zest
- 60ml fennel fronds, chopped
- salt and milled black pepper, to taste
- 250g smoked salmon or smoked salmon trout ribbons
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 60ml Peppadews, diced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Roll out the dough onto a flour-dusted counter and sprinkle the polenta on top. Break off small balls of dough and roll out into very thin 5–6cm diameter circles. Place on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Brush the tops of the circles with some sundried tomato paste or pesto.
- Bake in the oven for 10–12 minutes, or until golden and cooked.
- In a small bowl, mix together the crème fraiche, creamed horseradish, lemon zest and 30ml of the chopped fennel. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon dollops of the crème fraiche mixture onto the pizza rounds and top with some smoked salmon ribbons, avocado, Peppadew and spring onions. Season well with milled black pepper, garnish with the remaining fennel and serve at once with the lemon wedges.