Welcome your friends with this delicious dessert.
500g dark chocolate
10ml instant espresso powder
396g tin sweetened condensed milk
100g butter, cut into cubes
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup pistachio nuts
½ cup flaked almonds
½ cup Chuckles or malted chocolate balls
½ cup mini marshmallows
½ cup ginger or coconut biscuits, broken into chunks
fresh fruit and berries
alternatively serve with coffee
1. Grease a loaf tin, then line with parchment paper.
2. Break the chocolate into chunks and place it in a heat-proof bowl, over a pan filled with 3cm barely simmering water.
3. As the chocolate starts to melt, stir in the espresso powder, condensed milk and butter. Heat gently, stirring, until all the contents are melted and smooth. Remove from the heat.
4. Combine the remaining ingredients to make a biscuit nut mixture.
5. Sprinkle a layer of the biscuit nut mixture in the base of the prepared tin and top with a layer of the chocolate mixture.
6. Reserve a quarter of the biscuit nut mixture. Stir the rest into the chocolate and pour into the tin. Top with the reserved biscuit nut mixture.
7. Allow to cool to room temperature; place the chocolate loaf in the fridge for 3–4 hours or overnight.
8. Unmould and serve sliced with fresh fruits and berries and mascarpone, if desired.