A relaxing brunch with a new take on old favourites is a great way to celebrate the weekend
- 4 English muffins, halved and toasted
- 1 packet rocket leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 250g bacon rashers, grilled
- 8 eggs, poached
FOR THE ‘LIGHT’ HOLLANDAISE SAUCE:
- 120g low-fat quality mayonnaise
- 5ml Dijon mustard
- 30ml lemon juice
- 45ml butter, melted
- 2ml cayenne pepper, plus extra
- for sprinkling
- salt and pepper, to taste
- lemon wedges
- cherry tomatoes, grilled
- micro herbs
- To make the hollandaise sauce: place the mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl and mix well.
- Gradually whisk in the melted butter, in a thin and steady stream. Season to taste with the cayenne pepper and salt and pepper and set aside until ready to use.
- To assemble the dish, place 2 muffin halves on each serving plate.
- Top each muffin half with a few rocket leaves, 2 slices of tomato and some crispy bacon rashers.
- Place a poached egg on top and spoon some of the hollandaise sauce over the eggs.
- Sprinkle a little cayenne pepper over the sauce, garnish with micro herbs and serve with the lemon wedges and grilled baby tomatoes.