- 1 medium butternut, cut into wedges and deseeded
- 30ml olive or avocado oil
- 3ml dried red chilli flakes
- 15ml Moroccan spice mix or dukkah
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 small bunch rocket
- 200g mascarpone cheese
- 30ml pecan nuts or pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- 30ml lemon or orange zest
For the dressing
- 5ml Dijon mustard
- 30ml honey or maple syrup
- 30ml white vinegar
- 5ml fresh herbs, chopped
- salt and milled black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Arrange the butternut wedges on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive or avocado oil over the butternut and top with the chilli flakes and spice mix or dukkah. Roast in the oven until tender, about 25–30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside until ready to serve.
- To serve, arrange the watercress and rocket on a serving platter.
- Top with the cooled butternut wedges, dollops of mascarpone, the nuts, if using, and lemon or orange zest.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the salad before serving.