- 6 cardamom pods
- 5ml ground cinnamon
- 2ml ground mixed spice
- 5ml fresh ginger, peeled and
- finely grated
- 60ml maple syrup
- 80ml orange juice
- 4–6 small peaches or nectarines, halved*
- thick Greek yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Lightly crush the cardamom pods to release the black seeds. Grind the seeds with a pestle and mortar and discard the outer husks.
- Transfer the crushed seeds to a small pan and add the cinnamon, mixed spice, ginger, maple syrup and orange juice.
- Gently heat for 2–3 minutes, stirring until the mixture is smooth and the aromas are released.
- Arrange the fruit in a baking dish cut side up*.
- Drizzle the maple syrup mixture over the fruit and bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes, or until the fruit is cooked to your liking. The longer you leave it, the softer it will become.
- Serve the fruit lukewarm, at room temperature or chilled with thick Greek yoghurt and a drizzle of the remaining juices.
COOK’S NOTE *If you want grill marks on the fruit, heat a griddle pan to very hot and lightly brush the pan with coconut oil or avocado oil. Place the fruit cut side down on the pan and don’t move it around. Cook for 1–2 minutes, transfer to the baking dish and follow the rest of the recipe.