Event planner Rudie Stoop (082 880 9369) and chef Nicky Gibbs (083 731 5208) team up to throw a chic cocktail party. To keep things stress-free, Rudie suggests you set up a buffet table and a self-service bar so your guests can help themselves at leisure
- 200g prawns, cooked and shelled
- 1 jar artichokes in oil, drained
- 15ml olive oil
- 45ml red peppers, diced
- 45ml tomato, diced
- 45ml onion, diced
- 5ml white wine vinegar
- 5ml lemon juice
- 5ml fresh coriander, chopped
- 2ml fresh chilli, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper
- fresh dill, fennel fronds or chives, to serve
1. Set aside 9 whole shelled prawns and 3 whole artichokes to garnish the dish.
2. Roughly chop the rest of the artichokes and prawns and combine with all the remaining ingredients. Season well to taste.
3. To assemble the canapés: cut the reserved artichokes into quarters and then place 1 piece into each serving dish. Spoon some of the chopped filling around the artichoke. Top with a prawn and some fresh herbs.
This recipe makes 9 canapé portions.
RECIPE: NICKY GIBBS