Food stylist Lisa Clark knows all the shortcuts when it comes to quick and easy entertaining. Try this crowd-pleasing menu next time you’re having friends over for a relaxed lunch
- 500g granulated sugar
- 500ml water
- zest of 6 large lemons
- 500ml lemon juice (about 10 lemons)
- 30g mint leaves, roughly chopped
- vodka, to taste (optional)
- slices of fresh lemon
- fresh mint
1. Place the sugar, water and lemon zest in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Boil for about 3 minutes, add the lemon juice and bring to the boil again.
2. Remove from the heat and allow the cordial to cool before adding the mint. Store in a clean jar or bottle.
3. To serve, dilute about 1 part cordial to 6 parts water. Add vodka to taste (optional). Serve in glasses with ice, slices of lemon and sprigs of mint.
This recipe makes 2 litres.
RECIPES AND STYLING: LISA CLARK