Franck Deroche of Blairgowrie, Jo’burg shares some of his favourite French recipes. Spoil mom this Mother’s Day by setting a beautiful table and serving these flavoursome dishes
- 1kg potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 80g butter, plus cubes for baking
- 250ml milk
- 500ml crème fraiche
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into very thin slices (preferably use a mandoline).
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Rub the inside of a serving dish with the garlic then generously rub with butter.
- Add the potato slices in even layers.
- Mix the milk and crème fraîche in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and pour over the potatoes.
- Add cubes of butter at random before putting the dish in the oven. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve warm with the duck magret.
(This recipe serves 4–6 people)