This decadent chocolate mousse is light and airy and easy to make and will impress even the fussiest dinner party guest
- 30g butter
- 3 eggs
- 200g quality dark chocolate
- fresh berries of your choice
- Soften the butter in the microwave for 10–15 seconds.
- Separate the eggs. In a separate bowl, whisk the whites until they form peaks; add a tiny bit of salt to assist the process.
- Cut the chocolate into small pieces and melt it slowly either in the microwave or in a bain marie (in a pan over boiling water).
- Once melted, mix the chocolate with the butter and then add the egg yolks.
- Add the whisked egg whites very slowly, making sure to fold them delicately into the chocolate mixture and in the same direction (clockwise or counter-clockwise, it doesn’t matter which).
- Pour into small ramekins and refrigerate for at least three hours.
- Serve with fresh berries and a sprig of mint.
COOK’S TIP: Don’t mix the whisked egg whites into the chocolate too fast or the dessert won’t be light and airy.
This recipe serves 4 people