Quick and easy, this two-course menu will allow you to treat your guests to a delicious meal with minimal fuss
- 250ml litchi juice
- 60g sugar
- 4 gelatine leaves, softened in a small bowl of cold water
- 325ml watermelon-flavoured sparkling water, well chilled*
- 10–20ml rose water, according to taste and strength
- 50g fresh raspberries
For the frosted raspberries:
- 75g fresh raspberries
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- 50g castor sugar
- Place the litchi juice and sugar in a pan and bring to just below simmering point. Stir until the sugar has dissolved and then remove from the heat.
- Remove the softened gelatine leaves from the cold water and squeeze out any excess water. Stir the gelatine into the litchi mixture until it’s dissolved. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sparkling water and rose water and mix well. Divide the mixture between 4–6 serving glasses and add the raspberries. Chill for at least 3 hours until set.
- For the frosted raspberries: dip each berry in the beaten egg white followed by the castor sugar. Spread them out on baking paper to dry.
- To serve: top the jellies with a few frosted raspberries.
*COOK’S NOTE: For a special celebration, replace the sparkling water with Méthode Cap Classique sparkling wine. In which case, add an additional 30g sugar to the litchi juice.
(This recipe makes 4 -6 jellies)