- 180g butter
- 125g 60% chocolate
- 60g 70% chocolate
- 3 whole eggs
- 250g sugar
- 1t vanilla extract
- 115g flour
- ½t salt
- 90g roast hazelnuts
- 125g gianduja paste or chocolate buttons.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Roast the hazelnuts for 15-20 min. until toasty. Allow to cool.
- Line a baking dish (square 20/25cm is a nice size) with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a bain marie over a pot of gently simmering water.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the chocolate and butter and whisk again.
- Add the flour and salt and whisk.
- Lastly, fold in the nuts and gianduja or chocolate buttons.
- Pour into a baking dish and bake for 20-30 mins.
- Serve with good vanilla ice-cream.
Cook’s tip: Gianduja is a combination of ground hazelnuts and milk chocolate. You could substitute it with any chocolate buttons, dried cherries (not glaced), any other nut, or leave it out, as it won’t change the fundamentals of the brownie.
These brownies freeze fabulously and can also be folded into churned ice cream.