This creamy dessert is the ultimate guilty pleasure
For the orange curd:
- 125ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 100g butter
- 100g sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 extra large egg yolks
For the cream:
- 1 litre fresh cream
- 170ml sugar
- 60ml Grand Marnier
- 100g Amaretti biscuits
- 100g Amaretti biscuits, crushed
fresh mint, leaves only
- To make the curd: heat the freshly squeezed orange juice and butter and stir until the butter has melted.
- Whisk the sugar, egg and egg yolks into the butter mixture and stir over a low heat until the mixture has thickened slightly.
- Divide half the curd amongst 6 serving glasses and set aside.
- To make the cream: place the cream, sugar and Grand Marnier in a large mixing bowl and whisk to soft peaks.
- Spoon half the cream over the curd in the glasses, top with the Amaretti biscuits and the remaining cream then add the rest of the curd. Sprinkle with the crushed Amaretti biscuits, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve garnished with a fresh mint leaf.