This chicken curry, from Delicious Low Carb, by Sally-Ann Creed, R295, (Human & Rousseau), is quick and easy to make and is filled with authentic spices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Coconut oil, for frying
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 pieces of chicken (legs and thighs)
- 3T garam masala
- 2T ground cumin
- 1T ground coriander
- 1T cayenne pepper
- 1T turmeric
- 1 x 150g sachet tomato paste
- 1 x 400 g tin tomatoes
- ½ lemon
- Fresh coriander, for garnishing
- Sauté the onion in coconut oil. Add the garlic.
- Add the chicken pieces and brown quickly on both sides.
- Add all the spices and tomato paste and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and simmer for about 45 minutes until the chicken is soft and falling off the bone.
- Serve on a bed of cauli-rice with a squeeze of lemon juice and lots of fresh coriander.
Serves 4 people