ClemenGolds are full of flavour and pack plenty of Vitamin C. Add this versatile fruit to your salads, mains or desserts for a fresh, zesty twist
- 4 chicken thighs and 4 drumsticks
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 2.5ml cumin seeds
- 10ml ground cumin
- 10ml ground coriander
- 10ml paprika
- 750ml ClemenGold juice
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 60g green olives
- Salt and pepper
- Brown the chicken in a large tagine or saucepan. Once golden, remove and set aside.
- In the same tagine or pan fry the onions until translucent, then add the garlic, chilli and cumin seeds and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the ground cumin, ground coriander and paprika, and then return the chicken to the tagine or pan.
- Add the ClemenGold juice, and if necessary extra stock or water to cover the chicken completely.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- After about an hour, remove the lid and allow the sauce to reduce.
- Add the chickpeas and olives and season well. Allow to heat through before serving.
This recipe serves 4 people