Architectural designers Evi and Jochim Elsner of Home Concept Interiors (084 666 8881) prefer serving uncomplicated meals so that they can spend time with their friends out on their deck instead of in the kitchen
- 6–10 free-range chicken pieces (we prefer chicken breasts on the bone)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2t paprika
- 2t cayenne pepper
- 6T extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 500g cocktail tomatoes
- 400ml Noilly Prat or Martini Bianco
- 300ml cream
- fresh thyme
- roast potatoes and crusty bread, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Season the chicken with the salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper.
3. Heat the oil in an ovenproof pan and brown the chicken with the garlic until golden brown.
4. Cut about half the tomatoes in half lengthwise and leave the rest whole, then add to the pan with the Noilly Prat. Place the pan in the oven and roast for about 20–30 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and put it on the hob over a low heat. Add the cream and fresh thyme and simmer until hot and creamy. Season to taste.
6. Garnish with a sprig of thyme and serve with roast potatoes and fresh crusty bread.
This recipe serves 6.