Share in the celebrations by recreating Garden and Home’s 65th-birthday lunch using these scrumptious recipes from top events company By Word of Mouth (bywordofmouth.co.za)
For the salsa:
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely diced
- 1 mild fresh red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 45ml flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 32 seedless green or red grapes, halved
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 5ml saffron threads, lightly toasted
- 45ml sherry vinegar
- 60ml olive oil
For the pistachio crusted linefish:
- salt and ground pepper
- 6 linefish fillets, about 200g each
- 80g cornmeal or polenta
- 80g toasted pistachios, ground in a food processor
- 2 eggs
- 45g butter, for frying
- grilled lemon halves, rocket, baby herbs and homemade potato crisps, to serve
1. Combine all of the salsa ingredients together and allow to infuse while preparing the fish.
2. Lightly salt and pepper both sides of the fish. Combine the cornmeal and ground pistachios in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper.
3. Beat the eggs in another large shallow bowl. Dip each piece of fish into the beaten eggs and then coat in the cornmeal and pistachio mixture.
4. Heat the butter in a large skillet over a medium heat. Fry the fish on each side for 4–5 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Place the fish on a bed of rocket, top with baby herbs and serve immediately with the grape-saffron salsa and a handful of homemade potato crisps.
This recipe serves 6.