For the crêpes:
- 1l water
- 2t salt
- 250ml oil
- 20ml white spirit vinegar
- 8 extra-large eggs
- 500g cake flour
For the chocolate ganache filling:
- 180ml cream
- 300g dark chocolate
- 25ml Antonella Tiramisu Cream
- 50g butter, cubed
To make the crêpes:
1. Whisk together all of the ingredients, beating well to ensure there are no lumps. Allow to stand for 15-20 minutes covered.
2. When you are ready to cook the pancakes, whisk the batter again and if it’s too thick, add a bit more water. It needs to be quite thin, about the thickness of fresh cream.
3. Heat a pan and grease well. Using a ladle, pour the batter into the pan and swirl around so that the batter covers the bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
4. Allow the crêpe to cook for 1- 2 minutes then turn over and cook for another 30 seconds (it needs to be lightly golden brown).
5. Remove the crêpe from the pan, place on a plate and continue to cook the crêpes until all the batter has been used.
6. Allow the crêpes to cool completely before assembling the cake.
To make the chocolate ganache filling:
1. Place the cream, chocolate, Tiramisu Liqueur and butter into a heat-proof bowl set over boiling water.
2. Gently heat until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth and glossy. Remove from the heat and leave to cool to room temperature before using.
1. Spread a tablespoon of the ganache over each crêpe before topping it with another.
2. Continue until all the crêpes have been used and stacked.
3. Place the crêpe cake in the fridge to cool and set.
4. Serve sliced into wedges.
This recipe serves 6-8 people