Chef Jenna May Viney’s (jennamayfood.com) cooking is taking her around the world, but it’s coming home to cook for friends that she loves the most
- 32 individual French-trimmed lamb cutlets
- fresh coriander and steamed asparagus, to serve
For the chermoula marinade:
- 3 garlic cloves
- small knob fresh root ginger, peeled
- 100ml lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 100ml olive oil
- 1T each honey, cumin, paprika, turmeric and cinnamon
- 1t hot chilli powder
- zest from 1 orange
- handful coriander, chopped
For the tzatziki dressing:
- 500ml plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, grated and strained
- 1T mustard
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely grated
- salt and pepper
1. To make the chermoula marinade: mix the ingredients in a blender. Generously rub onto the lamb cutlets and allow to marinate overnight.
2. To make the tzatziki dressing: mix the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
3. Braai the lamb until done to your liking and serve, garnished with fresh coriander, with the tzatziki dressing and steamed asparagus.
This recipe serves 8.