Last updated on 28 March 2019
A delicious homemade baste, from Braai the Beloved Country, by Jean Nel, R185, (Jacana Media) perfect for a chicken wing starter or braai snack
- 16 chicken wings
- Sticky Sauce
- 125ml lemon juice
- 125ml soya sauce
- 90ml tomato sauce
- 70g smooth apricot jam
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- Mix all the ingredients for the sticky sauce.
- Marinate the chicken wings with 90ml of the sauce.
- Place the chicken wings on a clean, hinged grid or use some skewers for easy handling and even braaiing.
- Place the grid on a medium-to-low fire. Braai the chicken wings for between 20 and 30 minutes, turning frequently.
- Baste with the rest of the sticky sauce in the last 5 minutes of cooking time.