Bircher muesli bowl
Looking for a healthy but tasty breakfast? Try this Bircher muesli bowl packed with what you need to start your day! You can keep the bircher muesli for 2 days, covered, in the fridge. Serve with yoghurt.
TOTAL TIME 25 minutes | SERVES 6
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp organic green tea leaves
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 100g quinoa flakes
- 2 tbsp black chia seeds
- 2 red apples, grated coarsely
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 red apple, extra, sliced thinly
- ¼ papaya, seeds removed, peeled, cut into 1cm thick slices, then 3cm stars
- ½ cup almonds, chopped coarsely
- ¼ cup edible flowers, optional
HEAT milk in a pot until almost simmering. Remove from heat.
STIR in the green tea and allow it to stand for 5 minutes. Strain the mixture over a heatproof bowl and discard the tea leaves.
ADD rolled oats, quinoa flakes, chia seeds and grated apple to bowl; stir to combine. Cover; refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
BEFORE serving, drizzle maple syrup over bircher muesli; top with sliced apple, papaya, almonds and edible flowers.
Made this Bircher muesli bowl recipe? Show us by tagging @SAGardenandHome on Instagram!
FEATURE IMAGE: AREMEDIA