This recipe is an easy crowd pleaser. Perfect for entertaining, this Mediterranean gazpacho is a delicious starter, or served in glasses as part of a meze platter. If you don’t have the perfect glasses to serve in, head over to Consol to find just the right ones.
(Serves 8–10 as a small starter)
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and chopped
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 400ml tomato juice
- 20ml parsley, chopped
- 20ml basil leaves, chopped
- 45ml balsamic vinegar
- 15ml sundried tomato paste or tomato paste
- 15ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1ml paprika
- salt and milled black pepper, to taste
- 45ml olive oil or basil pesto
- fresh basil leaves, optional
YOU’LL ALSO LOVE: Destination: Mediterranean magic in Malta
- Reserve 15ml each of the diced red onion, cucumber, tomatoes and red pepper, and mix together in a small bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until chunky yet well combined. Season and transfer to a covered container and refrigerate.
- To serve, ladle the well-chilled soup into glasses or small bowls. Top with a little olive oil or pesto, a spoonful of the reserved diced vegetables and a basil leaf, if desired.