When Anette and Ian Corder of Corder Family Wines (corderwines.co.za) entertain, their menu makes the most of the amazing fresh produce available in the Elgin valley
- 1 small bag baby spinach leaves
- pears preserved in wine, sliced
- cherry or rosa tomatoes, rinsed
- avocado pear, peeled and sliced lengthways
- bottle whole baby beetroot
- small wedge Gorgonzola or any blue cheese
- olive oil
- balsamic reduction
1. Wash the spinach leaves and arrange on a serving dish with the pears, tomatoes, avocado slices and whole baby beetroot.
2. Break the cheese into pieces and scatter on top of the salad.
3. Liberally sprinkle the salad with olive oil and balsamic reduction and serve.
This recipe serves 6 – 8.