Attract birds to your garden with this DIY bird feeder from upcycling pro Sacha Olivier
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- An enamelware bowl with lid
- An enamelware plate
- An electric drill and drill bits
- A sharp knife
- Brass or copper plumbing pipe and connectors
- A shifting spanner or pair of pliers
- A short rope or cord
HOW TO DO IT
- Mark the centres of the bowl, plate and lid and drill holes the same size as your piping. Remove any burrs with the sharp knife.
- Cut the pipe to the desired length and fit the bowls and lid along the pipe, keeping them in place with the connectors.
- Tighten the nuts on the connectors with the spanner or pliers.
- Fit a rope or cord to hang the feeder and fill with birdseed.
Once Upon a Time [email protected] or 084 330 2121