Aquila Private Game Reserve & Spa is a family-friendly, Big 5 wildlife experience just two hours from the Mother City.
Aquila is far more than just a bucket-list wildlife experience. The reserve welcomes visitors for excursions with various exciting day-trip itineraries or overnight safari stays.
Various accommodation types are on offer. Enjoy the traditional bush-style cottages or opt for something a little more modern, boasting magnificent views across the reserve.
The wildlife on this 10 000-hectare conservancy is a true drawcard for guests to take in on a traditional 4×4 game drive, horseback or quad bike. They even offer a private safari for intimate gatherings in the veld.
The reserve features a 35m swimming pool with a poolside bar, while an African-style buffet in the restaurant dishes up local cuisine. The cosy bar with a lounge offers the perfect spot for guests to relax after a meal. After dark, gather around the fire pit to exchange stories and toast marshmallows on the braai. A star safari guide is always on hand to help identify the mass of constellations twinkling overhead.
Image credit: Supplied
At the spa, visitors can relax and enjoy a luxurious African treatment while unwinding after an action-packed day.
How to enter:
Sign up for a 12-month subscription to Garden&Home (for R439) and stand a chance to win a two-night stay for two people at Aquila Private Game Reserve valued at R19 600. To subscribe call 0875500329 or email [email protected].
Offers are limited to SA and apply to print subscriptions only. Offer ends 25 May 2023.
T’s & C’s:
- Prize is valid for travel from June 2023 and June 2024, excluding Easter weekends and the peak season of 1 December 2023 to 15 January 2024
- Prize for the stay and any related experiences included are non-redeemable for cash and have expiry dates.
- Transport is not included to and from the property.
- All alcohol and beverages are for your own account unless outlined by the hosts as an inclusion.
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Prize bookings cannot be made over public holidays or long weekends. Any exceptions by the manager are a courtesy.