Last updated on 24 May 2019
Use Galbani mascarpone to make this decadent Rose Berry Meringue
For the meringue
- 6 egg whites
- 350g castor sugar
- 1T corn flour
- 1t vinegar
For the filling
- 500g Galbani Mascarpone
- 100ml cream
- 2T sifted icing sugar
- Rose water syrup to taste
- Fresh berries
- Fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 130°C.
- Line a large oven tray with lightly greased baking paper.
- Using an electric beater, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add the castor sugar 1T at a time, beating well before adding the next spoon. The mixture should be thick and glossy and the sugar dissolved.
- Add the corn flour and vinegar and beat until combined.
- Spoon the mixture onto the baking tray and spread into a round shape, making a slight dent in the centre.
- Bake the meringue for an hour, turn off the oven and leave the meringue in the oven with the door open for 1 to 2 hours or until completely cooled.
- Whisk the smooth Galbani Mascarpone, cream and icing sugar together. Add the rose water to taste.
- Spoon the mixture onto the meringue, top with berries and fresh mint and serve immediately.
(This recipe serves 6 people)