Delight your guests with the fresh flavour of these easy dishes
- 30ml oil or coconut oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 bacon rashers, cubed (optional)
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 500g clams, cleaned
- 80ml white wine or fish stock
- 5ml lemon or lime zest
- 500ml cream or light coconut milk
- 10ml cornflour slaked in 30ml cold water
- salt and ground black pepper
- 400g wholewheat linguine or spaghetti, cooked
- lime wedges
- fresh fennel fronds
- 1 red or green chilli, thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan. Gently fry the onion for 3–4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and bacon (if using) and fry for 3 minutes. Stir in the fennel and cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Increase the heat and add the clams and white wine or stock. Cover and steam for 3–4 minutes, or until the clams have opened. Discard any clams that haven’t opened.
- Stir in the lemon zest, cream and cornflour mixture. Cook for 4–5 minutes until the mixture thickens slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked and drained linguine and toss well.
- Serve in warmed bowls with lime wedges and topped with fennel fronds and chilli.