- 4 rashers bacon
- 16 spears green asparagus
- 8 baby leeks, halved lengthways and washed
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Lay the rashers of bacon flat on a working surface and place 4 asparagus spears, 2 leeks and 1 anchovy fillet on top.
3. Place 1 sprig each of thyme and rosemary inside, wrap the bacon around the veg and tie up with kitchen string.
4. Make sure the bunches are nice and tight. Sprinkle with olive oil and squeeze over the juice of the lemon. Season with salt and pepper and place in an ovenproof dish.
5. Roast for 15–20 minutes until the bacon turns crispy.
(This recipe serves 4 people)