- 4 apples
- juice of 1 lemon
- 20g brown sugar
- 5ml ground cinnamon
- 2ml mixed spice
- 30g dried apricots, chopped
- 20g sultanas and/or raisins
- 20g pecan nuts, walnuts and/or flaked almonds, chopped
- 3 amaretti biscuits, crumbled
- 20ml Calvados (optional)
- vanilla-infused mascarpone, whipped cream or ice cream
1. Preheat your pizza oven to 180°C.
2. Core the apples and pour over the lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown.
3. To make the stuffing: place all the remaining ingredients into a bowl and mix well to combine.
4. Stand the apples in a baking dish and stuff with the stuffing. In a pizza oven, using only embers, bake for 15-25 minutes, or until the apples are cooked and soft.
5. Pour the Calvados over the hot apples and serve warm with vanilla-infused mascarpone, whipped cream or ice cream.
(This recipe serves 4.)