Start any party on high note with these cocktail and canapé combos. They’re so chic, your guests will never guess how simple they were to make!
- 80g sugar
- 125ml water
- 1 large bunch fresh mint leaves, torn
- 2 peaches, roughly chopped
- 4–6 tot measures Southern Comfort
- 1 fresh peach, sliced into segments
- a few mint leaves
- ice cubes
- 500ml ginger ale, chilled
- a few drops of grenadine (optional)
- Heat the sugar and water on the stove, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Add the mint leaves and chopped peach, bring to the boil and cook for 3–4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely. Push the mixture through a sieve and add the Southern Comfort.
- To serve: divide the mixture amongst the glasses, adding fresh peach slices, mint and ice. Top up with ginger ale, stir and add a few drops of grenadine for colour, if desired.
Cook’s note: This cocktail is the perfect complement to peach, basil and serrano ham wraps (see recipe above).
(Makes 4 cocktails.)