Brookdale’s “Heavenly and Healthy Flavours” cookbook proves that healthy eating can be exciting and delicious. It’s full of recipes that focus on whole, unprocessed and home-made foods
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup organic unrefined brown sugar or raw honey
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 cup stone ground cake flour
- ½ cup stone ground brown flour
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup oat bran
- 1t baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1T sesame seeds
- 1T chia seeds
- 1T sunflower seeds
- 1T flax seeds, ground
- 2T pumpkin seeds
- 2T pecan nuts, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and lightly grease a baking tray.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, then beat in the eggs.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles a dough. Add the seeds and mix in.
- Roll biscuit mixture into balls.
- Place on the baking tray and press lightly with a fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
(This recipe makes 40 biscuits)