- 250ml orange juice
- 3 whole cloves
- 2ml turmeric
- salt and milled black pepper
- 350g wholewheat or regular couscous
- 60g raisins
- 60g semi-dried apricots, chopped
- 30ml olive oil
- 15ml butter
- 45ml mint, roughly chopped
1. Put the orange juice in a pot with the cloves, turmeric, salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
2. Pour the couscous into a bowl and add the raisins and apricots. Remove the cloves and pour the hot orange juice over the top. Add enough boiling water to just cover the couscous. Cover the bowl and leave it to stand for 5 minutes.
3. Fluff the couscous up gently with a fork and stir in the olive oil, butter and chopped mint. Serve warm.
This recipe serves 6.