For the balsamic cherry tomatoes
- 30ml olive oil
- 15ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g red and yellow (optional) cherry tomatoes, halved
For the paprika prawns
- 10ml olive oil
- 15ml butter
- 300g medium-sized prawn tails, peeled and deveined
- 5ml paprika
- 30–45ml vodka (optional)
For the pappardelle
- 250g ready-prepared
- white sauce
- 250g crème fraîche
- 15ml sundried tomato paste or
- 4 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 400g pappardelle*, cooked, drained and kept warm
- salt and milled black pepper, to taste
- 10g fresh basil, torn
- lemon wedges, to serve
- To make the balsamic cherry tomatoes, preheat the oven to grill and line a baking tray with tinfoil.
- Toss the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and cherry tomatoes in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture in a single layer on the baking tray and place on the centre shelf of the oven. Grill the tomatoes for 5–7 minutes and set aside.
- To make the paprika prawns, heat the olive oil and butter in a large heavy-based pan. Fry the prawns over a high heat for 2 minutes per side. Add the paprika and mix well. If using, add the vodka and cook for 2 minutes.
- Place the white sauce, crème fraîche and sundried tomato paste in a pot and heat through. Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- Add the reserved balsamic cherry tomatoes and paprika prawns and gently toss to warm through.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the basil just before serving with the lemon wedges.
*COOK’S NOTE Substitute another pasta like linguine or fettuccine, if you prefer.