Warm up this winter with a delicious home-made pie made with KOO Mixed Vegetables in Cape Malay Curry Sauce. KOO brings delicious, tasty flavours to South African families – breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Cooked in the can ensuring sealed-in goodness and the best quality, KOO’s range of Mixed Vegetables in Curry Sauce is versatile, adding extra flavour to any dish.
For quick, convenient, tasty meals, simply add it to stews, curries and mince and serve with a side of mashed potato, dumplings or pap.
1 packet (400g) frozen puff pastry, thawed
6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 can (410g) KOO MIXED VEGETABLES IN CAPE MALAY CURRY SAUCE
50g (½ cup) grated Cheddar cheese
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. Boil the potatoes until done. Add butter, season with salt and pepper and mash well until smooth.
3. Add the KOO MIXED VEGETABLES IN CAPE MALAY CURRY SAUCE and mix with the mashed potatoes; add the cheese and mix well.
4. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured working surface, using a rolling pin.
5. Spoon the vegetable mash onto one half of the pastry sheet, moisten the edges with water. Fold the pastry over the vegetable filling and stick the edges together, pressing down with a fork to seal.
6. Brush the top of the pie with egg wash and transfer it to the baking sheet. Bake in oven until the pie is golden and flaky.
7. Serve with chips and gravy.