Last updated on 12 Jun 2019
This banting friendly, slow-cooker curry recipe from Jump on the Bant Wagon, by Nick Charlie Key, R265, (Human & Rousseau), is perfect for keeping you warm this winter, plus it’s super easy to make
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1t crushed garlic
- 1T mild or medium curry powder
- 1t ground coriander
- 1t ground ginger
- 1t turmeric
- 4 pods cardamom
- 1 chilli, deseeded and chopped (optional)
- 800g chicken, beef, veal or lamb cubes
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 350g green beans, sliced into 3-cm lengths
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the curry powder, coriander, ginger, turmeric, cardamom and chilli and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add your choice of meat to the curry mixture and brown it.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and mix through.
- Add the red pepper, green beans and sweet potato cubes.
- Transfer everything to a pressure cooker and cook for 45–60 minutes. Season to taste.
This recipe serves 4 people