This fragrant, spicy vegan Thai curry is one of the quickest and easiest dishes to make
More vegan recipes: VEGAN LASAGNE
1–2 T oil (I use coconut oil to add more flavour, but you can use vegetable oil if you prefer.)
2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2T grated fresh ginger or 1 t powdered ginger
1T turmeric powder
1 jar Pesto Princess Coriander & Chilli Pesto
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1–2 fresh red chillies, chopped, to taste (optional)
440ml tin coconut cream
400ml vegetable stock
± 200g broccoli or sugar snap peas, washed and cut into small bite-size pieces
½ cup chopped peanuts
large bunch fresh coriander
generous handful fresh baby spinach (±150g)
Like this vegan Thai curry? You’ll love: VEGETARIAN SUSHI SALAD
fresh red chilli, coriander, peanuts, naan bread
fresh lime, bean sprouts (optional)
1. In a medium-sized pot, heat the oil over medium to high heat. Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent.
2. Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, Pesto Princess Coriander & Chilli Pesto and sweet potato and cook for about two minutes – stirring to coat and mix it all together. If you like your curry extra hot, add the chopped chillies too.
3. Pour the coconut cream and vegetable stock into the mix and bring to a very gentle simmer.
4. Let this cook until the sauce thickens for about 10 minutes then add the broccoli or sugar snap peas along with half the peanuts.
5. Finish off with the finely chopped coriander and baby spinach. The greens only need a minute or two as you still want a bit of crunch and all that beautiful colour.
6. Serve with more fresh chilli and coriander, a squeeze of lime, beansprouts, some extra peanuts and naan bread for the carb lovers.
Discover more delicious pesto recipes at pesto.co.za
Pesto Princess pesto.co.za