“For my birthday this year I was spoilt by the Garden and Home team. Not only did we have tea and cake, but I received a beautiful cookbook to add to my collection. So, naturally, over the Easter weekend I tested out a few of the recipes”, says decor stylist Jo Trappitt
One of my favourites is the chocolate brownie recipe and to make these delicious treats you’ll need:
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 250g castor sugar
- 150g butter, melted
- 150g cake flour
- 80g good quality cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
- 100g pecan nuts, chopped
- 100g pistachios, chopped
Heat your oven to 160°C then grease and line a 23cm square cake tin.
1. Whisk together the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy, allow the melted butter to cool slightly before adding to the eggs.
2. Sift together the dry ingredients and gently fold into the mixture.
3. Fold in the chopped nuts.
4. Pour the batter into your prepped pan and spread into the corners with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake for 30–35 minutes. The brownies should be crisp on top, slightly soft in the middle but risen.
6. Leave to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and allowing to cool completely.
7. Cut into 16 or 20 squares.
This recipe is so simple and yet so satisfying.